The IR Office of the African University College of Communications exists to facilitate, support and promote internationalization initiatives, activities and outreach efforts for the University.
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and diversity by hosting delegations of international friends of the University, securing agreements with international academic Institutions for the benefit of our faculty and students, and coordinating international outreach events and activities. We exist to enhance the experience of the international population (which includes all non-immigrant visa students, researchers and faculty) through serving as the chief liaison office for: immigration advising, cultural adaptation, international compliance, networking / public connections, and academic support, with university departments, government agencies, and community advocacy.
We also provide counselling and support for our international students to ensure that they have a home away from home. The office IR has an interest in establishing partnerships and affiliations with International institutions of higher learning and corporate bodies. We invite you to utilize the office and this website as a resource for information and appropriate referral and wish you a productive and experience at AUCC.
Applying for Admission
Congratulations! You have decided that you want to pursue your degree at the African University College of Communications in Ghana. We are excited to help you go through the application process with ease. Starting the process early may be of a great advantage to you, so ensure that you have a clear understanding of the stages involved. The Director of IR, email@example.com is ready to assist you if you have questions.
Steps to applying
- You qualify as an international student if you fall under the following categories;
- A national of a country which is not Ghana (Foreign Applicants)
- Ghanaians with Foreign Educational Background
- Ghanaians living abroad
Kindly follow the instructions below:
- International student application procedure
- Go to our homepage www.aucc.edu.gh
- Choose between filling your form online or downloading the application form to fill offline
- Purchase a voucher login code online or from any CAL Bank branch in Ghana
- Log in and fill the forms appropriately
- Scan admission form, results/certificates, transcript, passport size photograph and upload
- Download the application form and fill appropriately
- Attach your results/certificates, transcript, passport size photograph
- Send your documents via DHL/FEDEX to the Admissions Office at AUCC, No.2 Jones Nelson Link, Adabraka
- Successful Students shall receive their Admission letters through their emails within three weeks of application
- International Students who are admitted must bring the originals of their Admission forms, transcripts, and passport size photograph when they arrive on campus at the office of IR
Qualifications acceptable for admissions
- Senior Secondary School Certificates (SSSCE/WASSSCE)
- NECO(must be verified at the National Accreditation Board, Ghana)
- Baccalaureate (French)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- GCE (Cambridge) – ‘O’ and ‘A’ Levels
- IGCSE (Cambridge) – ‘O’ and ‘A’ levels
- American High School Grade – Grade 12 and 13 examinations
- Other external qualifications which have equivalences to the WASSCE/SSSCE and the GCE (A Levels)
General Entry Requirements for SSSCE/WASSSCE Applicants To be admitted to any Degree programme, Senior High School graduates must possess at least credits (A1 – C6 in WASSSCE and A – D in SSSCE) in English, Core Mathematics and Agricultural Science/Biology in addition to the specified requirements for various programmes.
General Entry Requirements for all other Applicants IGCSE/IB – To be admitted to any Degree programme, IGCSE/IB graduates must possess at least Grades A*/A – C in English, Mathematics and Biology at the Standard (SL)/’O’ Level in addition to three Higher Level (HL-A to C)/’A’ Level (A to D)/IB 2 (A – C) grades in the specified requirements for various programmes. Prospective applicants who are waiting for the declaration of their baccalaureate results may apply before the deadline otherwise they cannot be considered for admission. They need not wait for the declaration of their results before applying.
Immigration Issues & Permits
All international students must have passports from their governments before they can enter the country. Visas Students arriving in Ghana from ECOWAS Countries are not required to obtain visas since Ghana is a member of the ECOWAS and subscribes to the protocol on free movement. Non-ECOWAS students however, require a visa.
Residential permits (renewable annually) are processed by the Office of IR when International Students have fully registered. The process to attain this is as follows;
- Step 1: Procure your non-citizen card Register with the IR for non-citizen card.
- Step 2: Gather the following documents for the office of the IR:
- A copy of admission letter
- 2 passport size pictures
- Latest school fees receipt
- Copy of non citizen card
NB: All these documents are to be submitted to the IR together with Residence Permit and Application Form further processing.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ORIENTATION
The office of the IR organizes an International Student Orientation designed to supplement the general school orientation. The program will allow you to meet both Ghanaian and other international students, provide you with useful information about AUCC, and introduce information you should know as an international student in Ghana.
How do I get to Accra Ghana?
You can use Kotoka International Airport to arrive Accra. If you need transportation from the airport to Campus, be sure to inform you’re the office of IR, so that arrangements can be made for your arrival.
When should I arrive in Ghana?
Plan to arrive in time for orientation. The office of IR will provide an orientation schedule.
What if I get sick
- clinic/hospital in the community will be assigned to you>
- Register for the National Health Insurance Scheme through the CIE
Does AUCC offer financial assistance (scholarships, assistantships, grants) to international students?
At this time AUCC does not offer financial assistance such as mentioned above, to international students.
How can I get a bank account in Ghana?
- Get your introductory letter from the Registrar
- A photocopy of your international passport
- A photocopy of your admission letter and school fees schedule
- Three passport sized photographs
How many hostel facilities do you have?
There is an array of private accommodation around the campus you can choose from. The office of IR through our estates office will assist you with this.
When are your admission periods?
September and January
Where is the school located?
Our School is located in the city of Adabraka, Accra. You can locate via google maps : No 2, Jones Nelson Link, Adabraka